Information for Practitioners & Advisers
Together with Migrant Children offer a holistic way of supporting families oppressed as a result of their immigration status. We are a charity run by children's practitioners - This includes social workers, youth workers and practitioners with experience in early years, therapeutic work with children & young people and experienced in family support and parenting interventions. Our work is underpinned by our practice values.
We work with all migrant children, young people and families who may have an irregular status, are subject to immigration control or may be in need of support as the result of being an asylum seeker or refugee or simply find it hard to access the right support.
We have practitioners and volunteers in different areas of the country and offer a national service.
Please note that we do not provide immigration advice. We can signpost practitioners and advisers to appropriate sources to obtain it.
We can provide support in a variety of ways, including:
- Casework and specialist assessment of families living in poverty, with inadequate housing, experiencing destitution or struggling to meet the material needs of their children.
- Casework and specialist assessment of families with No Recourse to Public Funds (NRPF) and those who fall under an 'excluded group'.
- Family support and youth work to support families to overcome their experiences of street homelessness and destitution.
- Supporting and advising families who are not having their rights and entitlements met.
- Holistic support for children, young people and families that have had adverse or traumatic experiences, such as asylum seekers and refugees.
- Holistic support, mentoring and youth work for unaccompanied asylum seeking children.
- Culturally sensitive parenting support.
- Supporting in the safeguarding of children and young people.
We can also provide assessment for the purposes of immigration matters in limited circumstances.
We also offer the opportunity for practitioners and advisers to have a 'no-names' advice consultation with one of our practitioners. These consultations allow practitioners and advisers to discuss their concerns and receive initial advice from one of the team.
We offer this on weekdays from 9am-5pm by phone. You can all us on 01865 528658.
making a referral
We will accept referrals from any agency that feels that they have a family in need of support. You can complete the referral form by cliking the button below. If you would rather discuss the possibility of a referral with us prior to making a full referral you can call us on 01865 528 658 or email us at email@example.com.